Quitting Concern

Worry is like prayer in reverse.

I grew up on a farm in Vermont. After college, I bought a farm of my own and operated for several years. During this time, I have learned the secret to making a small fortune in agriculture. It is a sort of privileged information, and I did not spend all to anyone. Ready Here it is start with a big one. And sooner or later, will have a small.

Farmers do not have an easy life. The work is hard and the stakes are high. Are dependent on the weather and many other things beyond their control.

I worried all the time. I worried about livestock diseases. I worried about getting bank loans. I worried about grain purchase price and sale price of livestock. I was worried about not having enough money. I was happy, tired and irritable. It had become a disease.

And then I read Dale Carnegie classic, How to stop worrying and start living. In doing so, I realized I was making myself sick with worry, and I could pay a heavy price. Reading this book could have saved his life.

I came to the belief that worry is like prayer in reverse. When we worry and fret about things, makes us bigger than they really are, and to attract what we complain about. Is proof positive of the principle of displaying only a negative way.

Somehow, I had wiring that care was actually virtuous. I guess I thought that was not being a good parent unless I worried about my children. I thought it was irresponsible if I was not worried about my business and my finances. Not so.

It took me a year to kick the habit of worry. It was not easy. It took the daily diligence to eradicate from my life. Occasionally falls back on short-term worry, but I am with him. No longer runs my life.

The concern is not our friend is our enemy. Jim Rohn says, Worry is like an economic cancer. And if you continue, you are dragged into a financial desert that drown in the dust of his own remorse. Now that's a vivid picture

Most things we worry about are the things that have little or no control. If you think about it, is stupid. Dying in what could happen and the things we can not control give away our power.

Fortunately, most never to be afraid of place. The French philosopher Michel de Montaigne wrote Eyquem in 1500, My life has been filled with terrible misfortune, most of which never happened.

What worries you In my research I found most people who care are excellent. They worry about the disease, lack of money, aging, taxes, generation next time it is!

They burn their energy, reduce disease resistance and actually draw them what they fear. Like Job in the Bible What I feared has come to me.

Our hospitals and cemeteries are full of people who became a fellow of worrying every day. Do not be one of them. If you suffer from this disease, you need to heal.

In doing so, you will be healthier, live longer, have more fun and produce more of what you want.

The biggest lever for change is being aware of what you are doing and realize how bad it is for your life. If you are upset or anxious, check to see if you care. If so, focus on what you want and not what you do not want.

You just can not stop worrying. You have to replace your concerns to think about the results you want something good instead of something bad. Start working on the solution rather than a negative outcome possible.

Michael Angier, founder of SuccessNet. org, recently launched the new resource book SuccessNet - the top must have tools, products, services and resources to run your business effectively.